1) Modelio modeling environment, Alessandra Bagnato and Andrey Sadovykh, Softeam
Modelio is an open source modeling environment (UML2, BPMN2, ...). Based on a 20-year track record of high end commercial products, Modelio delivers a broad-focused range of standards-based functionalities for software developers, analysts, designers, business architects and system architects.
Modelio Open Source Community is accessible at www.modelio.org
2) INTO-CPS project, an integrated “tool chain” for comprehensive Model-Based Design of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs), Andrey Sadovykh, Softeam
Integrated Tool Chain for Model-based Design of Cyber-Physical Systems
The aim of INTO-CPS project is to create an integrated “tool chain” for comprehensive Model-Based Design (MBD) of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs). The tool chain will support the multidisciplinary, collaborative modelling of CPSs from requirements, through design, down to realisation in hardware and software. This will enable traceability at all stages of the development.
INTO-CPS will support the holistic modelling of CPSs, allowing system models to be built and analysed that would otherwise not be possible using standalone tools. We will integrate existing industry-strength tools with high Technology Readiness Levels (TRL 6–9) in their application domains, based centrally around Functional Mockup Interface (FMI)-compatible co-simulation. The project focuses on the pragmatic integration of these tools, making extensions in areas where a need has been recognised. The tool chain will be underpinned by well-founded semantic foundations that ensures the results of analysis can be trusted.
The tool chain will provide powerful analysis techniques for CPSs, including connection to SysML; generation and static checking of FMI interfaces; model checking; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) and Software-in-the-Loop (SiL) simulation, supported by code generation. The tool chain will allow for both Test Automation (TA) and Design Space Exploration (DSE) of CPSs. The INTO-CPS technologies will be accompanied by a comprehensive set of method guidelines that describe how to adopt the INTO-CPS approach, lowering entry barriers for CPS development.
Web site: http://into-cps.au.dk/
3) “The MEASURE project : Measuring Software Engineering”, Alessandra Bagnato, Softeam
The goal of the project is to increase the quality and efficiency as well as reduce the costs and time-to-market of software engineering in Europe. By implementing a comprehensive set of tools for automated and continuous measurement, this project provides a toolset for future projects to properly measure their impact. More importantly, it opens a new field for innovation. The real innovation will be in the advanced analytics of the measurement data enabled by the project.
To reach this ambitious goal, the project will iteratively and incrementally:
1) Define better metrics and develop methods and tools for automated, precise, and unbiased measurement of software engineering activities and artefacts.
2) Develop methods and tools for analysing the big data produced by the continuous measurement to enable continuous improvement of performance.
3) Validate the developed metrics and measurement tools by integrating them into software development environments and processes of the industrial partners, and iteratively improve them based on the feedback gathered from the industry.
4) Validate the developed analysis tools by analysing the data gathered from the industrial partners and measuring the impact of the improvements suggested by the analysis tools. A practical example of a measurement-based suggestion could be pointing out an area of source code not covered by automated test suite and generating new targeted test automation scripts based on manual test cases recorded during continuous measurement.
5) Support management decision making by visualizing the results of continuous measurement at targeted level of abstraction, i.e., providing different visualization or even completely different metrics for developers and managers.
Web site: http://measure.softeam-rd.eu/
Posted 22 February 2016